Governor Terry E. Branstad Iowa State Fair Scholarship
The Governor Terry E. Branstad Iowa State Fair Scholarship recognizes outstanding Iowa high school seniors who have actively participated in the Iowa State Fair. Up to ten awards, not to exceed $5,000 per award, will be awarded annually. No student shall receive more than the student's established financial need. Scholarships are awarded for the recipient's first year of college only.
High school seniors who will graduate with the class of 2017 are eligible for the Governor Terry E. Branstad Iowa State Fair Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Actively participate in the Iowa State Fair (past or present);
- Be a graduating senior from an Iowa high school; and
- Plan to enroll at an Iowa college or university
The selection committee will consider the following criteria and percentage factors for selection when reviewing the applications:
- Exhibits/Performances/Participation in the Iowa State Fair (20%)
- Financial Need (20%)
- Essay explaining the impact the Iowa State Fair has had on your life (15%)
- Extracurricular and community activities (15%)
- Community Service/Volunteerism (15%)
- GPA (10%)
Other Required Documents
- Additional required documents (pdf) for submission of the scholarship.
- The FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application will be available October 1 through March 1.
- The FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application deadline is March 1.