Iowa College Aid Publishes Free College Planning Guide
Iowa College Aid today released “Your Course to College,” a free publication for high school students and their families. The comprehensive 70-page guide covers topics such as:
- Choosing a major and a college
- Types of colleges, degrees and certifications available
- Applying for college admission and financial aid
- Grants, scholarships and loans available to Iowa students
- Making the transition from high school to college
“Your Course to College” also provides capsule summaries of all Iowa postsecondary institutions offering for-credit courses, including tuition; room and board costs; and ACT, SAT and FAFSA codes.
“We know the high school-to-college process can be intimidating for students and their families,” said Karen Misjak, executive director of Iowa College Aid. “This guide helps them through that process by answering the most common questions we hear and outlines the steps to get to college. It also provides real-life advice from students who have successfully made this transition.”
“Your Course to College” is available in English and Spanish, as a print publication or a digital download. To order or download, visit IowaCollegeAid.gov/YourCourse.