Deadline Near for Scholarship and Grant Applications
Des Moines, IA, June 22, 2016 – The July 1 deadline to apply for many state-funded scholarships and grants is coming up next week, Iowa College Aid is reminding students.
Among the scholarships and grants with a July 1 application deadline:
- Iowa Tuition Grant (maximum award $5,650 at not-for-profit institutions, $2,600 at proprietary institutions)
- Iowa Vocational-Technical Tuition Grant ($1,200)
- Kibbie Grant (Iowa Skilled Workforce Shortage Tuition Grant, $2,505)
- Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Program (maximum award to be determined this summer)
- Iowa Barber and Cosmetology Arts and Sciences Tuition Grant ($1,200)
To apply for all programs listed above, students should file both a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA, available at fafsa.gov) and an Iowa Financial Aid Application (available at IowaCollegeAid.gov). Tips on filing both documents are available at IowaCollegeAid.gov.