All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship
The All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship (AIOS) is a state-funded scholarship program for Iowa students who attend an eligible Iowa college/university.
Priority for Awards
- Students who age out of Iowa’s foster care system, age out of the State Training School, and students adopted from Iowa’s foster care system after age 16;
- Students who participated in certain federal TRIO programs
- Students who graduated from alternative high schools or alternative high school programs
- Students who participated in a Federal GEAR UP Grant program in Iowa
Generally, high school seniors who graduated in 2016 or will graduate with the class of 2017 are eligible for the All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Iowa resident
- Attending an eligible Iowa college or university
- Must have graduated from an eligible Iowa high school or completed a high school equivalency diploma within the last 2 years
- Be a first-time college freshman in the fall 2017 or spring 2018 semesters (unless you are renewing your scholarship award)
- Must be continuously enrolled in college and continuously receiving a scholarship disbursement to renew a scholarship
- Enroll for at least 3 semester hours (or the trimester or quarter equivalent) in a program leading to an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Iowa Financial Aid Application by March 1
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on the 2017-18 FAFSA of $0 - $8,550
Award Amount and Limits
The amount of the AIOS adjusts each year; the maximum value for the 2017-2018 school year is $4,275.
Students who are first-time recipients of AIOS in the 2017-2018 school year can receive the scholarship for up to eight full-time semesters, or sixteen part-time semesters.
March 1: Both the FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application must be submitted by this date.