Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship
The Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship provides annual awards to Iowa National Guard members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities. Maximum individual awards cannot exceed the current maximum resident tuition rate at Iowa Regent Universities. National Guard officials have determined that they will pay 100 percent of the regent tuition rate for the 2020-21 academic year, an amount of $9,274. The Iowa Adjutant General determines eligibility.
- Iowa resident
- Member of an Iowa Army or Air National Guard unit for each term the member receives benefits
- Satisfactorily complete required Guard training
- Maintain satisfactory performance of Guard duty
- Pursue a certificate or undergraduate degree at an eligible Iowa college or university (students with BA degrees are not eligible to participate even if pursuing a second BA degree) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Note: A qualified individual cannot receive an Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship award for more than 120 semester credit hours or the equivalent (effective July 1, 2015) of undergraduate study.
October 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA will be available
July 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA fall priority deadline
December 1: Iowa Financial Aid Application and FAFSA spring priority deadline